I write for a living and I run for fun.
Australian born but a long-time resident of Lyon, France, I spend my days working in marketing and communications and my early mornings, evenings, and weekends enjoying the freedom that running brings.
I’m no sprinter, and generally I enjoy longer distances. An hour-long run is good fun, a couple of hours even better.
Looking for Something?
There’s a lot of content on the site (though most of it is running-related) so if you’re looking for something specific, use the search function at the top of the page.
Not sure where to start? Why not with:
- Race reports from various ultramarathons I have run
- Some really useful ultrarunning resources
- The latest images from my Instagram feed
- My forays into nutrition, cooking, and diet for ultrarunning
- A crazy idea for turning the Run in Lyon Marathon into an ultramarathon in 2017 – join me?
I try and post something new every day whether I am running or not so there’s always something fresh on the blog, too.
So Far This Week
- 3 February Lurdunum 22K (Fat Ass) Race Report + Strava
- 18 February Town and Tube 100K (Fat Ass) Race Report + Strava
- 15 April Saint Fons 12 Hour 12 Hour Race Report + Strava
- 19 May Ultra Boucle de la Sarra 24 Hour
- 16 September Ultratour du Leman 175K
- 1 October Ultra Run in Lyon 50 Mile (Fat Ass)
All Time Personal Bests
5K: 22:01 (24 December 2015)
10K: 43:07 (17 February 2016)
20K: 1:25:45 (31 January 2016)
Half Marathon: 1:31:23 (31 January 2016)
Marathon: 3:15:53 (27 December 2015)
50K: 3:55 (27 December 2015)
75K: 7:30 (16 April 2017)
100K: 10:12 (16 April 2017)
50 Mile: 8:02 (16 April 2017)
6 Hours: 64.7km (23 April 2016)
12 Hours: 116.3km (16 April 2017)
Ultra Runs (Races, Fat Asses, and Journeyruns)
- Saint-Fons 6 Hour: 63.3km
- CIEC 6 Hour: 64.7km
- Ultra Boucle de la Sarra: 46.9km
- Thames Path: 75.9km
- 100km de la Somme: 100.6km
- Saintelyon: 71.6km